April is National Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month
"Faces of Parkinson's"
-A film by The Mike Justak Foundation
Click the button to see background video on MJFPD.
- Gift of PEPApril Gifts to MJFPD to support Parkinson's exercise Programs
- default_titleEach $8 gift will provide underwriting of one supervised exercise class
- default_titleThe foundation was begun 2007 and initially was known as "Partnerships for Parkinson's"
- default_titleIn 2010, began the synchronized Christmas Light Show, PD Shimmers, to raise awareness for Parkinson's. Foundation was featured in Star Tribune Newspaper and in a WCCO Christmas Eve Newscast.
- default_titleIn 2013, began The Parkinson's Christmas Light Tour, and the Wii Initiative.
- default_titleFor 2013, PD Shimmers unveils "Sparkle", a battery powered light wand that enables a viewers car to become a part of the light show. PD Shimmers grows to 6 homes. The light show is featured on WCCO Mornings.
- default_titleIn 2013, PD Shimmers utilizes 58,000 lights, one for each person newly diagnosed with Parkinson's in the year.
- default_titleIn 2014, begins PEP-"Parkinson's Exercise Program" funding.
- Show More
In April, gifts to MJFPD will be used specifically to fund Parkinson's specific exercise programs. Your donation can provide someone the "gift of movement."